Timeless returned last Sunday night with a great episode that compelled viewers to remember why we love this series so much! Episode 2 of the second season is called “The Darlington 500,” set in South Carolina in 1955. There’s a lot to look forward to here as we go behind the scenes of the early days of NASCAR to ferret out the Rittenhouse sleeper agent, but here are a few of my favorite highlights:
– Watching Wyatt (Matt Lanter) totally become a car and NASCAR nerd! Who knew? A lot is revealed about Wyatt’s past this episode and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
– Learning about Wendell Scott (Joseph Lee Anderson), one of the very first African American NASCAR drivers and the first to win a Grand National Series race. The banter between him and Rufus (Malcolm Barrett) is very funny, as Wendell isn’t at all familiar with 2018 mannerisms.
– Watching Emma (Annie Wersching) hit new lows. Just when you think she can’t get any more evil, she comes up with something even more despicable than she’s ever done before.
– The effects of Jiya’s (Claudia Doumit) trip in the Lifeboat are slowly being revealed, and they may be a game changer, and not just for Jiya!
– Nicholas Keynes (Michael Rady) discovers the future isn’t all it’s cracked up to be (with some nice social commentary thrown in for good measure).
– The car chase. Oh my goodness, the car chase! Viewers are going to love it!!
This is yet another great episode (and an especially great Wyatt episode) and I’m confident in saying Season 2 is going to be even better and more mind-blowing than Season 1. If you aren’t a fan yet, you should head on over to NBC on Sunday night at 10 pm EC to watch Timeless. If you are already a fan and love the series as much as I do, you’re going to love it!